Monday 16 September 2013

52 Weeks of Happy- Wk 37

Another week has flown by- So here I am, joining in with Jen at Little birdie to share some of my week's happy moments and things that made me smile.
 Wk 37
9th -15th  Sept
Settling into routine- Sometimes it's just the little things that make you happy- and slobbing in front of the tv is just one of them. It's been a week of  eating junk food, watching dvds and generally being lazy- Rainstorms every afternoon and evening this week haven't helped matters-but it has been kinda nice just accepting the fact that a series box set isn't such a bad thing when the monsoon rains are throwing it down outside:)
 
Beach days at the weekend1 It was a long weekend this week. To celebrate Malaysia Day -50 years of independence and unification- yet another public holiday! But I'm not complaining- I just made the most of the morning nice weather and headed for the islands, for a day on the beach. That's what weekends are for:)

 
Snorkling! I don't own an underwater camera and yet this weekend would have been a great opportunity to use it- hence the photo of the sea and not beneath it! But boy, the snorkling was great. It was low tide, clear seas and one of those days when you felt you were swimming in an aquarium. There was a great variety of fish, curious and a bit cheeky, nibbling on my fingers as I floated amongst them. It was like swimming with the whole cast of Finding Nemo.
Clown fish, Angel fish, Zebra fish - brill:)
 
 
Let Battle commence!- One of the great things about teaching in an international school is that we have a little more freedom in how we teach the British Curriculum. This week was no exception! My class know exactly how to get me off on a tangent - and so our discussion about the rise of the Tudor Monarchs led to a re-enactment of the Battle of Bosworth 1485! Complete with cardboard swords, a paper crown and a lot of imagination - my class became the armies of Richard and Henry.- A great time was had by all- even Richard, despite being 'killed' in battle- came up smiling:)
 
Hope you had a good week too:)
Amanda x

3 comments:

  1. Slobbing in front of the tv always makes me happy Amanda, PJs on and a cup of cocoa - bliss. The re-enactment of Bosworth sounded fun. I'm just in the middle of the book The White Queen which is leading up to this battle I believe. Love anything to do with the Tudors. Have a great week.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week, I got my parcel in the mail today thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, good for Richard - I'd have been on his side! Great happies it is cold enough here to do some 'slobbing' in front of the TV in the evening:)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)